Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Shots - Health Blog
Thu March 29, 2012
Deconstructing Some Of The What-Ifs From The Supreme Court
When Kaiser Health News asked for questions during the Supreme Court arguments this week, one that didn't seem to get addressed in court was this:
What happens to people who have already benefited from the law? This would include seniors who got rebates in the Medicare prescription drug "doughnut hole," for example. Would they have to give the money back to ... the manufacturers? The government?
The answer, according to Tom Goldstein, publisher of SCOTUSblog, "The only phrase that comes to mind, and it's not exactly a legal one is: 'God only knows.' "
That's just for starters.
Watch Goldstein, legal analyst Stuart Taylor and NPR's Julie Rovner dissect this eventful week with KHN's Mary Agnes Carey.
Here's the video of their conversation: