Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue November 12, 2013
Delivery Of Rails For Cincinnati Streetcar Project Continue
More rails for Cincinnati's streetcar was delivered Monday despite the 133 million project's uncertain future.
Construction crews began installing rail for the first time last month. So far, the city has spent more than 23 million dollars on the 3.6-mile streetcar line and has an additional 94 million dollars worth of construction contracts. Mayor-elect John Cranley has vowed to end the project after he assumes office on December 1st. Cranley says project is too expensive. Supporters say it will spur new development and attract more visitors.