Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- Council Opposes 26 Liquor License Renewals, Supports Same-Sex Marriage
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Madison Township Crash Claims One Life
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Wed February 13, 2013
Dem Party Chair Critical of State of the State ticket Lottery
Ohio's Democratic Party chair is questioning the propriety of a public online lottery for State of the State tickets organized by Governor John Kasich.
Through the contest, the Republican governor made available a limited number of tickets to next Tuesday's policy address in Lima. Winners are to be notified Friday. In a letter to House speaker William Batchelder, Democratic Party chair and state Representative Chris Redfern said the speech is a legislative event, not an administrative one. He also complained Kasich is collecting home addresses and phone numbers from lottery participants to be used for soliciting campaign donations. This is the second time Kasich has taken the speech outside Columbus.