Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Wed February 13, 2013
Dem Party Chair Critical of State of the State ticket Lottery
Ohio's Democratic Party chair is questioning the propriety of a public online lottery for State of the State tickets organized by Governor John Kasich.
Through the contest, the Republican governor made available a limited number of tickets to next Tuesday's policy address in Lima. Winners are to be notified Friday. In a letter to House speaker William Batchelder, Democratic Party chair and state Representative Chris Redfern said the speech is a legislative event, not an administrative one. He also complained Kasich is collecting home addresses and phone numbers from lottery participants to be used for soliciting campaign donations. This is the second time Kasich has taken the speech outside Columbus.