Most Active Stories
- Council Opposes 26 Liquor License Renewals, Supports Same-Sex Marriage
- WCBE Presents Whetherman Live From Studio A Thurs. Dec. 18, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Ashland Man Sentenced For 2012 Slaying
- Browns' Hawkins Protests Police Shootings, Union Demands Apology
- Study: Ohioans Spend More On Less Effective Health Care
Thu August 28, 2014
Demonstrations Held In Columbus, Dayton Over Beavercreek Police Shooting
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will soon get a letter demanding an investigation of the shooting of an African-American man by white Beavercreek police officers at a store earlier this month.
A group of activists rallied outside federal courthouses in Columbus and Dayton yesterday and hand-delivered a letter for Holder. Family members of the victim, John Crawford III, will meet with a federal prosecutor today to ask Justice Department investigators to determine whether race was a factor in the shooting.