Most Active Stories
- ALA Gives Failing Marks For Franklin County's Air Quality
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Language Barrier Poses A Challenge While Rehabilitating Human Trafficking Victims
- Local Man Found Guilty Of Assaulting Child
Thu August 28, 2014
Demonstrations Held In Columbus, Dayton Over Beavercreek Police Shooting
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will soon get a letter demanding an investigation of the shooting of an African-American man by white Beavercreek police officers at a store earlier this month.
A group of activists rallied outside federal courthouses in Columbus and Dayton yesterday and hand-delivered a letter for Holder. Family members of the victim, John Crawford III, will meet with a federal prosecutor today to ask Justice Department investigators to determine whether race was a factor in the shooting.