Most Active Stories
- The Generation Gap In Care For Developmentally Disabled In Ohio
- Hopes And Expectations Surround Police Reform Agreement
- Murder Victim’s Husband Says Witnessing Execution Of Her Killer Changed His Mind
- Two Law Enforcement Officers Fired For Offensive Social Media Posts
- Cleveland Police Union Head Blasts Consent Decree
Thu August 28, 2014
Demonstrations Held In Columbus, Dayton Over Beavercreek Police Shooting
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will soon get a letter demanding an investigation of the shooting of an African-American man by white Beavercreek police officers at a store earlier this month.
A group of activists rallied outside federal courthouses in Columbus and Dayton yesterday and hand-delivered a letter for Holder. Family members of the victim, John Crawford III, will meet with a federal prosecutor today to ask Justice Department investigators to determine whether race was a factor in the shooting.