Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue August 27, 2013
Dems Want IG To Probe JobsOhio
Two Democratic state lawmakers are asking Ohio Inspector General Randall Meyer to investigate possible conflicts of interest at Republican Governor John Kasich's private job-creation entity, JobsOhio.
The request follows the Ohio Ethics Commission's recent rejection of a Democratic request to review business ties between JobsOhio board members or Kasich and firms receiving state economic development help. The law that created JobsOhio limits Meyer's powers, requiring investigations to be initiated from the outside, not by Meyer himself. Meyer was appointed by Kasich.