Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Around the Nation
Fri October 11, 2013
Denver Mayor To Propose Outlawing Free Marijuana
Originally published on Fri October 11, 2013 11:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Now we have an update this morning on Colorado's legalization of marijuana. This week we told you opponents of a proposed marijuana tax have been handing out free joints at rallies in Colorado. An ethics group is insisting the pot must disclosed as a campaign contribution. And now the mayor of Denver wants to act. Mayor Michael Hancock tells our friends at Colorado Public Radio he's proposing to outlaw handouts of free weed in city parks.
Colorado citizens are free to use marijuana, but may not be free to get it for free. It's MORNING EDITION from NPR News.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.