Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Dick and Jane
Mon October 7, 2013
Dick and Jane Song of the Week: "Meant To Be"
I’ve been hurt before. There are scars on my heart. I put all my faith in you, praying you wouldn’t tear me apart. You seemed different in every way. You never ever ran from me. You never played those stupid games. It was easy to fall for you.
I think you knew why I looked at you that way. I tried to hide and make it go away. I tried to stop and put on the brakes. But my heart wasn’t listening. You stopped my heart and I couldn’t breathe. And I was left wondering. Do you feel it too? Or is it just me? Or maybe you and I are meant to be.
I tried to tell you before, but I couldn’t find the words. I was too afraid and always just let it go. But I won’t hide it anymore. No, it’s time for you to know.