Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Tue October 8, 2013
Diocese Officials Investigating Retired Priest For Alleged Sexual Abuse
The Columbus Catholic Diocese is investigating sexual abuse claims against a retired priest.
Officials say an alleged victim of Father Raymond Lavelle came forward last month with a credible account of abuse while Lavelle was pastor at St. Agnes Church in the 1970s. Officials say Lavelle is now 83-years-old and living in a nursing home. In July, officials announced they placed Father Ronald Atwood on leave from his ministry while they investigate the alleged assaults of a boy that took place in the 1970s. Atwood is the pastor at St. Francis of Assisi Church and has been a priest in Columbus for 44 years.