Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue August 5, 2014
Disciplinary Hearing For Fired CCS Principal Continues
More testimony is scheduled today in the disciplinary hearing for a Columbus high school principal accused of changing dozens of students' grades.
Linden-McKinley Principal Tiffany Chavers says she was ordered by top district officials to withdraw students who had never left the school. She says principals work in an environment where they are expected not to question the long-standing but illegal practice, which targeted students who scored poorly on state academic tests. The school board last January moved to fire Chavers and three other principals. Two left and Chavers is one of two others fighting the move. The other is former Marion-Franklin High School principal Pamela Diggs.