Most Active Stories
- Canned Food Suspected Source Of Local Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus Firefighter Charged With Sexually Abusing Juvenile Female Relative
- Ohio House Republicans Debate Cutting PARCC Testing
- Bill Slashing Time Spent On Testing Passes House Committee Unanimously, But Another Raises Questions
- German Firm Gets Local, State Tax Breaks For Plant Expansion Project
Tue August 5, 2014
Disciplinary Hearing For Fired CCS Principal Continues
More testimony is scheduled today in the disciplinary hearing for a Columbus high school principal accused of changing dozens of students' grades.
Linden-McKinley Principal Tiffany Chavers says she was ordered by top district officials to withdraw students who had never left the school. She says principals work in an environment where they are expected not to question the long-standing but illegal practice, which targeted students who scored poorly on state academic tests. The school board last January moved to fire Chavers and three other principals. Two left and Chavers is one of two others fighting the move. The other is former Marion-Franklin High School principal Pamela Diggs.