Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed January 8, 2014
District Hires Good, Baker Assumes Role As Board President
Although Columbus City Schools were closed for a second straight day yesterday, the school board met last night to take care of a little business.
Interim Dan Good became the district's new superintendent, as the board approved a $195,000 contact with the former Westerville administrator. New board members Dominic Paretti and Michael Cole were sworn in, and board member Gary Baker was tapped as the new board president, as board member Carol Perkins stepped aside after 5 years at the head of the table. Baker also took the opportunity to apologize for the data and attendance scandal that has hung over the district for over a year.
Baker also announced that the board will create two new standing committees for academics and finances, moving farther away from the "hands-off" board governance policies of his predecessors.