Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Wed January 8, 2014
District Hires Good, Baker Assumes Role As Board President
Although Columbus City Schools were closed for a second straight day yesterday, the school board met last night to take care of a little business.
Interim Dan Good became the district's new superintendent, as the board approved a $195,000 contact with the former Westerville administrator. New board members Dominic Paretti and Michael Cole were sworn in, and board member Gary Baker was tapped as the new board president, as board member Carol Perkins stepped aside after 5 years at the head of the table. Baker also took the opportunity to apologize for the data and attendance scandal that has hung over the district for over a year.
Baker also announced that the board will create two new standing committees for academics and finances, moving farther away from the "hands-off" board governance policies of his predecessors.