Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed July 10, 2013
DogTV, The Channel For Stay-At-Home Pups, Is Going National
Originally published on Wed July 10, 2013 2:40 pm
Tell your best friend:
DogTV, which launched online in Southern California last year, says it's going national on DirecTV starting Aug. 1.
For $4.99 a month (after 30 free days), dog owners can get a channel that's programmed to appeal to canines who are home alone (although we guess there's no reason you can't watch it with them).
Last year, DogTV's Becky Lubeach told All Things Considered that the channel's morning shows would feature content aimed at getting a dog up and off the bed — perhaps, "two dogs playing tug-of-war" or dogs "playing with some kids outside." Midday programming would aim to calm a dog down. There would even be educational programming. "My dog was actually featured in a segment where he went to the vet," Lubeach said. "A dog can experience things that they might not encounter in everyday life."