Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Mon October 21, 2013
DORC Files Slow Response Complaint With Columbus Ambulance Company
State prisons officials say they are reviewing the contract with a private Columbus-based ambulance company because of slow response times.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has filed a contract complaint about MedCare Ambulance. Spokesperson JoEllen Smith says the department is reviewing the deal with the Department of Administrative Services, which awarded the contract. The report says MedCare has had several instances of slow response times. Cases include its response to the apparent suicide of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro. The company has yet to comment.