Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon October 21, 2013
DORC Files Slow Response Complaint With Columbus Ambulance Company
State prisons officials say they are reviewing the contract with a private Columbus-based ambulance company because of slow response times.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has filed a contract complaint about MedCare Ambulance. Spokesperson JoEllen Smith says the department is reviewing the deal with the Department of Administrative Services, which awarded the contract. The report says MedCare has had several instances of slow response times. Cases include its response to the apparent suicide of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro. The company has yet to comment.