Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Mon October 21, 2013
DORC Files Slow Response Complaint With Columbus Ambulance Company
State prisons officials say they are reviewing the contract with a private Columbus-based ambulance company because of slow response times.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections has filed a contract complaint about MedCare Ambulance. Spokesperson JoEllen Smith says the department is reviewing the deal with the Department of Administrative Services, which awarded the contract. The report says MedCare has had several instances of slow response times. Cases include its response to the apparent suicide of Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro. The company has yet to comment.