Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon February 18, 2013
Duke Energy Sues Over Moving Utility Lines For Streetcar
A power company has sued Cincinnati, saying the company should not have to pay to relocate utility lines for a streetcar project.
Duke Energy Corp.'s lawsuit filed last week in a Hamilton County court says a city ordinance requiring Duke to pay to relocate the lines is unconstitutional. Duke wants the estimated $15 million cost shifted to the city. Duke's lawsuit warns the cost may be passed to Duke's customers if the city doesn't pay. Duke and Cincinnati have agreed to allow the courts to settle the issue. Duke says it shouldn't have to pay to relocate lines that wouldn't have to be moved if it weren't for the project. The city says it shouldn't have to pay Duke to move lines as part of a public improvement project.