Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Mon May 12, 2014
Eight Charged In Athens-Columbus-Detriot Drug Pipeline
Athens County authorities say they have charged eight people with operating a prescription drug pipeline from Athens through Columbus to Detroit.
Five defendants are charged with drug trafficking and other crimes while another three face other drug charges including possession. County prosecutor Keller Blackburn says a car chase through Glouster on May 6 ended with the arrest of a 26-year-old man.
Blackburn says authorities confiscated 42 thousand dollars worth of Oxycodone pills and 17 thousand dollars cash cash found in a box with the pills inside of the Glouster home.