Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- Why California Farmers Are Conflicted About Using Less Water
Mon May 12, 2014
Eight Charged In Athens-Columbus-Detriot Drug Pipeline
Athens County authorities say they have charged eight people with operating a prescription drug pipeline from Athens through Columbus to Detroit.
Five defendants are charged with drug trafficking and other crimes while another three face other drug charges including possession. County prosecutor Keller Blackburn says a car chase through Glouster on May 6 ended with the arrest of a 26-year-old man.
Blackburn says authorities confiscated 42 thousand dollars worth of Oxycodone pills and 17 thousand dollars cash cash found in a box with the pills inside of the Glouster home.