Most Active Stories
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Local Chess Coach Charged With Abusing Young Girl
Thu March 21, 2013
Electronic Edition: James Blake And Brian Eno, DJ Koze, Bonobo, More
Originally published on Thu March 21, 2013 9:21 am
Fresh from their musical trek to Austin, Texas for this year's South by Southwest music festival, Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton are joined by Sami Yenigun and Otis Hart, who share some of their favorite electronic, house, and dubstep discoveries.
Sami kicks things off with the first track from techno producer DJ Koze's new album Amygdala, which you can stream in full on our site right now. British singer, songwriter and producer James Blake brings us a new and wonderful collaboration with Brian Eno. Julio Bashmore makes Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie" almost unrecognizable with his remix.
Bonobo's epic new track "Cirrus" has Sami constantly hitting "repeat" and British producer Joker introduces us to the "big room sound" with "Handz Up." We also hear a brand new collaboration between Dirtybird Records labelmates Justin Martin and Ardalan.
MssngNo brings us a "refix" of Brandy's 2008 single "Right Here." We bring things to a close with the premiere of "Measure To Measure" from Detroit-based prodigy Kyle Hall.