Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu December 20, 2012
Existing Home Sales Rose In November
Existing home sales in Central Ohio and statewide rose last month, mirroring a national trend.
The Columbus Board of Realtors says sales rose by 30 percent in November as compared with the same month last year, the tenth consecutive monthly increase. The Ohio Association of Realtors says existing home sales statewide rose by nearly 24 percent, the 17th straight monthly increase. And The National Association of Realtors says U.S. sales rose by 5.9 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.04 million, up from 4.76 million in October. Sales nationally are up 14.5 percent from a year ago, though they remain below the roughly 5.5 million consistent with a healthy market. Analysts say the increases were driven by steady job gains and record-low mortgage rates.