Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri March 8, 2013
FBI To Probe Oberlin College Incidents
Oberlin College says the FBI has agreed to investigate hate-based incidents reported on campus within the last month.
Spokesperson Scott Wargo says the college approached the FBI with "significant concerns." Oberlin President Marvin Krislov canceled classes on Monday after a report of someone wearing what looked like a Ku Klux Klan-type hooded robe on campus. He says students and faculty met to talk about race, religion, and the problems the college faces.
College police also say Black History Month posters were defaced with the N-word, a "whites only" sign was written above a water fountain, a swastika was drawn on a science center window and a student was knocked to the ground by a person making a derogatory comment about ethnicity. Two students are being investigated for possible involvement.