Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Thu May 16, 2013
Fight Over BWC Payments Continues
A group of 270 thousand Ohio businesses involved in an 860 million dollar class action lawsuit against the state Bureau of Workers Compensation wants the agency to pay them back.
But group spokesperson Brian Wright says the businesses are taking issue with the message the bureau's leader is sending them. Wright says Steven Buehrer is telling businesses it's not a good idea to refund money from the state insurance trust fund. Yet Wright says Buehrer is standing with Ohio Governor John Kasich, who wants to do just that. Wright says Buehrer is sending a mixed message.
Wright says thousands of businesses have been struggling to pay overcharges from the bureau, with some having to borrow money to pay back increases as high as 3 thousand percent.