Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri January 10, 2014
Fire Official Reassigned Amid Sexual Misconduct Probe
Assistant Columbus Fire Chief David Whiting has been reassigned to the fire prevention bureau.
Officials deny the transfer is related to last year's allegations that Whiting tried to cover up a sex scandal involving Firefighter Marc Cain. Authorities have been investigating Cain for an affair he had while on duty. Cain has admitted to allegations of sexual contact and sending explicit photos to the woman involved. A disciplinary hearing will be held next week. Columbus Safety Director Mitch Brown will have the final say on any punishment.