News
12:35 pm
Tue July 3, 2012

Fire serves as reminder to exercise caution in using generators

New Carlisle firefighters say Monday's blaze that destroyed a home was sparked by a generator in use following the weekend power outages. No one was hurt, but firefighters say it's a reminder to be sure generators are well-ventilated and are installed by qualified electricians. American Electric Power says customers should report using generators  because improper installation can threaten the safety of workers trying to restore power.