Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Fri August 16, 2013
Fired Teacher And Diocese Reach Settlement
A lesbian teacher challenging her firing by a Bishop Watterson High School will not get her job back as part of a settlement reached with the Columbus Catholic Diocese.
Attorneys for Carla Hale and the diocese says as part of the agreement, she will receive "acknowledgement" for her years of service. Both parties declined to give details of the settlement. Hale said she was fired after her mother's obituary included the name of her partner and someone complained. The diocese says Hale was fired because she violated the church's moral teaching by having a "quasi-spousal relationship" with a woman.