Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- 16 Mumps Cases Confirmed At Ohio State; Number Could Climb
Fri May 24, 2013
Fitz & The Tantrums On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed September 25, 2013 5:56 pm
The L.A. band Fitz & The Tantrums broke through in 2011 with its debut album, Picking Up the Pieces. Undeniable songs and exciting concerts led the group to festival dates and other high-profile live appearances around the world.
The band formed when L.A. studio engineer and musician Michael "Fitz" Fitzpatrick gathered friends such as fellow vocalist Noelle Scaggs to perform songs he'd written following a breakup. The core of the band convened again in 2012 to record the wide-ranging follow up, More Than Just a Dream, with a mandate that nothing was off the table.
In this installment of World Cafe, Michaela Majoun discusses Fitz & The Tantrums' recent success and "genre-smashing" new album.