Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Locals Working To Preserve Original Port Columbus Terminal
Mon July 22, 2013
Former Choir Director Accused Of Soliciting Sex From Minors
A former choir director at a central Ohio high school has been accused of soliciting sex and naked pictures from teenage boys in exchange for positions in the state fair's choir.
Police arrested Zachary Ruppel yesterday on charges of compelling prostitution and disseminating harmful material to minors. In a police report released today, Columbus police say that the charges involve two boys, ages 15 and 17, and that more boys may be involved. Ruppel was the choir director at St. Francis DeSales High School in Columbus. Part of his position included recommending students for the state fair choir. Police say they're also making sure those responsible for reporting Ruppel did so in a timely manner.