Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri October 25, 2013
Former JobsOhio Chief Sought Private Investment By Pension Fund
A spokesperson says the former head of Ohio Governor John Kasich's job-creation entity JobsOhio approached the state's largest pension fund seeking private investment business but was rejected.
The meeting between Mark Kvamme and the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System happened in January while he was representing Drive Capital, a venture fund he co-founded after stepping down from JobsOhio in November. A spokesperson for the pension fund says officials decided not to invest in Drive Capital because it was a new fund. Kvamme landed a 50 million dollar commitment for Drive Capital from Ohio State University in July.