Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Fri October 25, 2013
Former JobsOhio Chief Sought Private Investment By Pension Fund
A spokesperson says the former head of Ohio Governor John Kasich's job-creation entity JobsOhio approached the state's largest pension fund seeking private investment business but was rejected.
The meeting between Mark Kvamme and the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System happened in January while he was representing Drive Capital, a venture fund he co-founded after stepping down from JobsOhio in November. A spokesperson for the pension fund says officials decided not to invest in Drive Capital because it was a new fund. Kvamme landed a 50 million dollar commitment for Drive Capital from Ohio State University in July.