Most Active Stories
- Anti-Fracking Measure Will Not Make Columbus' November Ballot
- Proposed Bill To Give Firefighters Special Cancer Prevention, Treatment
- Divers Pull Body Of One Of Two Drowning Victims From Olentangy
- Police Identify Two Suspects In Slaying Of Innocent Bystander
- WCBE Presents Radio Birds Live From Studio A Thurs. July 23, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat June 30, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Alec Baldwin, College Tuition
Originally published on Sat June 30, 2012 1:05 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Alec Baldwin: A 'Rock' Throughout The Ages: The star of 30 Rock has two films out this summer. He plays a club owner in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Rock of Ages. And he travels to Italy with an ensemble cast for Woody Allen's To Rome with Love.
Fiona Apple's 'Wheel' Of Extravagant Emotions: Apple's new album, The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, is her first in seven years. Rock critic Ken Tucker says the frequently stripped-down sound is a backdrop for her thoughts about the complications of love.
What's Driving College Costs Higher? College is now four times more expensive than it was 3 decades ago, pushing student loan debt over $1 trillion. A key reason for this growth is the competition among schools for status and prestige, says Kevin Carey, education policy director at the New America Foundation.
- Alec Baldwin: A 'Rock' Throughout The Ages
- Fiona Apple's 'Wheel' Of Extravagant Emotions
- What's Driving College Costs Higher?