Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Scott Miller Live From Studio A Fri. July 11, 2014 @ 2PM!
- ACLU Asks Prisons Department To End Contract With Food Company
- What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio
- Ohio Veterans Urged To Take Advantage Of Bonus
- Second Teen Charged In Connection With South Linden Slaying
Fresh Air Weekend
Thu February 9, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Meryl Streep, Yoga
Originally published on Sat February 11, 2012 11:58 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Meryl Streep: The Fresh Air Interview: Meryl Streep won a Golden Globe for her performance as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady. She talks about preparing for that role, her other films and how her perceptions of herself have changed over the years.
The Risks And Rewards Of Practicing Yoga: Yoga can be extremely beneficial, but it also can be quite dangerous. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist William Broad examines the pleasures and pitfalls of the practice in his latest book, The Science of Yoga.
You can listen to the original broadcast here: