Most Active Stories
- DeWine Rejects Marijuana Legalization Effort Backed By Former Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidate
- WCBE Rewind: Nick D' & the Believers
- State Struggles To Deal With Rising Numbers of Mentally Ill Inmates In Prisons
- Cincinnati Restaurant Owner Apologies For Bruce Jenner "Joke"
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat December 24, 2011
Fresh Air Weekend: Trent Reznor, Elmo
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Trent Reznor: The Fresh Air Interview: The man behind Nine Inch Nails composed the music for the U.S. film adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Here, he discusses composing the film's unsettling score, his early days making music in Cleveland and his work with Nine Inch Nails.
Kevin Clash: The Man Behind Elmo: For more than 20 years, puppeteer Kevin Clash has been the voice behind the lovable red monster on Sesame Street. Both Clash "and" Elmo talk with Terry Gross about performing with Jim Henson, and creating a fun, educational experience for preschool-aged children.
Remembering 'Christmas' Songwriter Hugh Martin: The songwriter co-wrote the classic song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for Judy Garland's 1944 movie. He died in March. Fresh Air Weekend remembers Martin with highlights from a 2006 interview.
You can listen to all of the original broadcasts here:
- Trent Reznor: The Fresh Air Interview
- Kevin Clash: The Man Behind Elmo
- Remembering 'Christmas' Songwriter Hugh Martin