Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Sun January 22, 2012
Gabrielle Giffords Steps Down: 'I Am Getting Better'
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is stepping down from Congress in order to focus on her health. She made the announcement on a YouTube video posted to her Facebook page Sunday.
"I have more work to do on my recovery, so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week," she says.
The Arizona representative is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head suffered in the Tucson shooting a year ago. Though she struggles with some sentences in the video, her message is clear.
"I'm getting better. Every day, my spirit is high. I will return and we will work together for Arizona and this great country," she says.