Most Active Stories
- FBI Investigating Sale Of Mayor Coleman's Former Home
- Ohio Plays Role In History Following SCOTUS Decision On Same-Sex Marriage
- Ballot Board Approves Cannabis Control Amendment For 2016 Ballot
- Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States
- Conservative Business Group Wants To Sue Over Video Slots, But Must Win Another Case First
All Songs Considered
Thu July 5, 2012
George Harrison's Son, Dhani And Thenewno2, El-P, Lawrence Arabia, More
Originally published on Thu July 5, 2012 9:45 am
In 12 years of recording All Songs Considered, co-host Robin Hilton has never seen Bob Boilen boogie in the studio quite like he did while making this week's show. Listen and you'll hear why. We also find out which song Sean Rowe's "Horses" reminded Bob of on our summer music preview.
After a month of guest DJs, previews and other special shows, Bob and Robin are back with a good ol' fashioned mix of picks for this week's essential listening. Hear a new song from New Zealand's Lawrence Arabia and a cut from Robin's favorite new discovery, the French-Finnish duo, The Dø. Plus, an entrancing track by George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison and his band Thenewno2, and some melodic slide guitar in a new cut from the band Delicate Steve.