Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
All Songs Considered
Thu July 5, 2012
George Harrison's Son, Dhani And Thenewno2, El-P, Lawrence Arabia, More
Originally published on Thu July 5, 2012 9:45 am
In 12 years of recording All Songs Considered, co-host Robin Hilton has never seen Bob Boilen boogie in the studio quite like he did while making this week's show. Listen and you'll hear why. We also find out which song Sean Rowe's "Horses" reminded Bob of on our summer music preview.
After a month of guest DJs, previews and other special shows, Bob and Robin are back with a good ol' fashioned mix of picks for this week's essential listening. Hear a new song from New Zealand's Lawrence Arabia and a cut from Robin's favorite new discovery, the French-Finnish duo, The Dø. Plus, an entrancing track by George Harrison's son Dhani Harrison and his band Thenewno2, and some melodic slide guitar in a new cut from the band Delicate Steve.