Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue August 26, 2014
Georgia Woman Sentenced For 1987 Columbus Murder
A woman arrested last year in Georgia for a 1987 stabbing in Columbus has pleaded guilty to a murder charge and been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.
50-year-old Zina Roberson was sentenced in Columbus Monday. She originally was indicted on a more serious count of aggravated murder. Investigators linked her DNA to evidence taken from the Columbus apartment where 77-year-old Anna Mae Florence was killed. Police at the time said Roberson knocked on Florence's door, claiming she was soliciting money for a charity benefiting the elderly.