Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed August 1, 2012
Governor Comments On Attendance Data Probe
As the State Auditor continues a comprehensive investigation into alleged data fixing by public school districts, Ohio Governor John Kasich says he supports the probe - but he'll withhold judgment until it's complete. Kasich says he wants the Ohio Board of Education to move forward and resolve the situation quickly so that the public does not question the credibility of the system. State Auditor David Yost hopes to finish the probe by the fall. It began with the Columbus Schools but has since expanded into a statewide probe. But the problems seem most prevalent in Columbus, with the most recent accusation that a school resource officer at Whestone High may have altered data and removed documents from the campus.