News
7:02 am
Thu November 7, 2013

Governor Signs Third Party Access Bill

Ohio Governor John Kasich has signed a bill setting rules for third parties.

Groups wanting to form parties next year would need petition signatures equal to a half-percent of the total votes cast in the most recent gubernatorial or presidential election. Thereafter, they must gather 1 percent. To remain qualified, organizations must get 2 percent of total votes cast in the governor's race next year, and 3 percent in 2015 for the following gubernatorial or presidential elections. Several third parties say the rules are unfair and they will sue.

Tags: