Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Tue March 11, 2014
Grand Jury Clears Three Columbus Cops
A Franklin County grand jury has cleared three Columbus police officers of criminal wrongdoing for their roles in a deadly shooting last year.
Jurors say officers Glenn Thivener, Lawrence Brown and Steven Smith were forced to open fire and kill 47-year-old Danny Thornton during a shootout at a northeast side store last November. Police officials say Thornton was the suspect in the earlier shooting and wounding of a woman and an officer. Thivener, Brown and Smith also are being investigated by the Firearms Review Board to determine whether their actions were within police division policy.