Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Wed October 2, 2013
Grand Jury Investigating Into Steubenville Rape Case To Reconvene
A grand jury investigating whether other laws were broken in the rape of a 16-year-old girl in Ohio last year will reconvene later this week.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the grand jury will meet on Friday and will likely be in session just a single day. DeWine told The Associated Press on Wednesday there's little he can say about the panel's work except that, as with all criminal cases, his office follows the facts to see where they take investigators. The grand jury last met in August as it investigates possible crimes around the West Virginia girl's rape by two Steubenville high school football players. One issue is whether coaches or school administrators knew of the allegation but failed to report it as required by law.