Most Active Stories
- ALA Gives Failing Marks For Franklin County's Air Quality
- Improperly Canned Food Confirmed As Source Of Lancaster Botulism Outbreak
- Columbus To Get Its First Protected Bicycle Lane
- Language Barrier Poses A Challenge While Rehabilitating Human Trafficking Victims
- Local Man Found Guilty Of Assaulting Child
Wed August 20, 2014
Grand Jury Will Investigate Police Shooting In Beavercreek Walmart
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says a grand jury will investigate the recent shooting death of 22-year-old John Crawford III.
Police in Beavercreek shot Crawford earlier this month inside a local retail store. DeWine has said Crawford was brandishing an air rifle. Protesters in Dayton and Columbus have since called on the big-box retailer and DeWine to release video of the shooting. But DeWine says that could compromise the investigation.
Governor John Kasich also addressed the incident during a campaign stop in Beavercreek yesterday.
DeWine says he showed a portion of the video to Crawford's father and his attorney on Tuesday morning, and he extended his sympathies to the family. The grand jury convenes in Greene County September 5th to decide whether to press criminal charges against the two officers.