Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Mon October 8, 2012
Group files campaign complaint over coal company
A liberal policy group says it has filed a second complaint with the Federal Election commission over the political activities of an eastern Ohio mining company.
ProgressOhio's letter dated Monday alleges Murray Energy Corp. created yard signs opposing president Barack Obama that don't include a required disclaimer. The signs read: "STOP the WAR of COAL --FIRE OBAMA." The group's earlier complaint alleged footage of miners at Murray's Beallsville, Ohio mine amounted to an illegal campaign contribution, because the workers were required to attend. Republican Mitt Romney's presidential campaign featured the august 14th event in a television ad. Murray has said the Century Mine was closed for one shift to ensure site security. Workers weren't paid for that time.