Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Mon January 13, 2014
Groups May Sue Over Wind Turbine Near Lake Erie
A group of birding enthusiasts is threatening to sue the Ohio National Guard over plans to build a wind turbine along Lake Erie.
The guard plans to the wind turbine at its Camp Perry site near Port Clinton, but some are worried about whether that will endanger migrating birds and eagles that inhabit the area. The American Bird Conservancy and Black Swamp Bird Observatory said this past week that they are looking at taking legal action. The Port Clinton News-Herald reports that the groups say plans for the wind turbine violates several federal laws including the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. Ohio Air National Guard officials have said an assessment found the turbine won't cause significant impact.