Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Thu June 6, 2013
Has Neil Armstrong Been Misquoted?
The famous words spoken by the late Wapakoneta native Neil Armstrong when he set foot on the moon in 1969 may have been misquoted by people over the years.
Armstrong and NASA have insisted he said "one small step for a man." A study by Ohio State and Michigan State University researchers appears to back that up. They studied how people from Ohio pronounce "for" and "for a." They found numerous examples of Ohioans pushing "for a" together so that both sound similar. The research suggests Armstrong said what he claimed. But MSU's Laura Dilley says it's likely that exactly what he said will never be known.