Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue May 20, 2014
Haslam Fires President Of Pilot Flying J
The president of the Tennessee-based truck stop company owned by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has been fired amid an ongoing federal investigation into a scheme to defraud customers.
Jimmy Haslam is not saying why Mark Hazelwood was fired from Pilot Flying J. The company last November agreed to pay nearly 85 million dollars to 55 hundred trucking companies that were cheated out of promised rebates and discounts. Ten former employees have so far pleaded guilty. An FBI affidavit states that Hazelwood was aware of it. Haslam has yet to be charged.