Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue August 27, 2013
Health Officials Urge Parents To Get Kids Vaccinated
August is National Immunization Awareness Month, and health leaders have been encouraging people to protect themselves and their children from infectious diseases.
Doctor Robert Frenck of Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
Frenck says some parts of the country recently have seen an increase in measles and mumps because parents have failed to immunize their children. He says vaccines have worked so effectively that many people don’t realize their importance in preventing disease.
Frenck says the federal government ranks Ohio seventh in the nation for immunization rates.