Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
Mon October 22, 2012
Heating Assistance Program Begins Soon
State officials say heating assistance will be available again this winter to eligible Ohio households. The HEAP Winter Crisis Program is administered by the Ohio Development Services Agency's Office of Community Assistance.
It assists qualified Ohioans with winter heating costs from Nov. 1 through March 31. The agency says the program will provide assistance once per heating season to eligible households threatened with disconnection or that have been disconnected. It also provides help to those with less than a 10-day supply of bulk fuel. Qualifying for the program depends on household size and the total gross household income for either the past three or 12 months. That income must be at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. The program served about 155,000 households last winter.
For more information visit http://development.ohio.gov/is/is_heap.htm