Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Education Activists, Officials Identify Loophole In 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee
Fri July 26, 2013
House Committee Holds Hearing On IRS Scandal
The Ohio House Policy and Legislative Oversight Committee met in Cincinnati Thursday to hear from conservative and progressive groups who claim they were targeted by the IRS.
Timothy Savaglio is a member of the Liberty Township Tea Party. He says filling out the IRS questionnaires necessary to receive tax exempt status became a full-time job.
Savaglio says its been three years and the IRS has still not rejected or approved his group's request for tax exempt staus. Two Tea Party groups, the Ohio Christian Alliance, and an man personally named by the IRS in questions to at least one Tea Party group testified yesterday. Republican committee chair Mike Dovilla says if it is legal, the committee may subpoena to testify the Cincinnati-based IRS workers who allegedly carried out the scheme.
Dovilla says the testimony will be combined with a House resolution encouraging the IRS to take immediate action.