Most Active Stories
- FirstEnergy Making Push For New Plan, Opponents Dub It A Coal Plant Bailout
- Whistleblower's Allegations Raise Questions About Charter School Spending
- Group Challenges Ohio Voting Procedures
- Columbus Foundation's "The Big Give" Starts At 10 A.M. Today
- WCBE Presents The Bros. Landreth Live From Studio A Thurs. May 14, 2015 @ 2PM!
Fri January 31, 2014
Husted Defends His Record In Office
A liberal strategy group is forming to help Democrats win Secretaries of State offices around the country.
Special attention will be focused on Ohio's race. Incumbent Republican Jon Husted is also getting national attention after an article published in The Huffington Post accused him of taking steps toward greater voter suppression. The article was written by a Cincinnati City Council member. Husted appeared before an Associated Press forum Thursday and defended his office's work to improve elections. He says the rhetoric is reckless.
Husted says he has helped make voting easier and improved election integrity.