Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Fri January 31, 2014
Husted Defends His Record In Office
A liberal strategy group is forming to help Democrats win Secretaries of State offices around the country.
Special attention will be focused on Ohio's race. Incumbent Republican Jon Husted is also getting national attention after an article published in The Huffington Post accused him of taking steps toward greater voter suppression. The article was written by a Cincinnati City Council member. Husted appeared before an Associated Press forum Thursday and defended his office's work to improve elections. He says the rhetoric is reckless.
Husted says he has helped make voting easier and improved election integrity.