Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Wed August 29, 2012
Husted Fires Suspended Elections Officials
Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted has fired two Democratic members of the Montgomery County Board of Elections.
Ohio Public Radio’s Jo Ingles explains why.
The two Democratic members of the Montgomery County Board of Elections, Tom Ritchie and Dennis Lieberman, faced a hearing at Secretary of State Husted’s office earlier this month. The purpose of that hearing was to determine whether Husted could fire the two Democrats. The hearing officer has given the go ahead and now, Husted, has dismissed the pair. Husted said the men had disobeyed his directive to hold uniform hours for early in person voting. Lieberman and Ritchie voted to hold weekend hours in their county after Husted issued his directive that all counties should have the same operating hours at boards of elections. Lieberman says quote…..SOS Husted is trampling on the rights of voters in this state and he will target anyone who dares to stand up to his suppressive acts,”…unquote. Ritchie says quote…. “The losers here are the voters and our democracy. Voters want the polls open on weekends and evenings so give the people what they want…unquote. The two fired board members are considering legal action against Husted.