Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Tue July 15, 2014
Individuals, Law Firms Associated With Ohio AG's Office Donating To DeWine Charity
The Associated Press has learned attorneys, law firms and a lobbyist with a business stake at Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine's office have contributed to a charity important to the Republican and his family.
Hands Together hosts the Becky DeWine School in Haiti. It's named for DeWine's daughter, who died in a 1993 car crash. Federal campaign finace filings show donations to DeWine fundraising events benefiting the school roughly doubled after DeWine took office. DeWine says some of the school's donors may overlap with his political campaigns. He says neither type of donation affects his decisions in office.