Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Tue September 3, 2013
Internet Cafe Ban Opponents Begin Gathering Signatures
Opponents of an Ohio law that effectively bans internet cafes say they have enough signatures to block the law from taking effect.
A spokesperson for the Committee to Protect Ohio Jobs says the group plans to file more than 400 thousand signatures for verification by the Secretary of State's office to get the measure on the ballot next year. The group wants legislators to pass a new law regulating the industry and shutting down what it calls rogue operators. More than 620 Internet cafes operate in Ohio, representing competition to the lottery, legalized casinos and charity games. The law's supporters say Internet cafes are fronts for illegal gambling.