Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Fri November 8, 2013
JFK's Air Force One On Display In Dayton
From the eternal flame at his gravesite to Air Force One, many key items that make up the searing images from the assassination of President John Kennedy are available for public viewing 50 years later.
The Boeing jetliner on which Lyndon B. Johnson took the oath of office is in a hangar near the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force near Dayton. Federal budget cuts had halted shuttle bus service to the hangar. But with the anniversary approaching, museum officials decided they had enough resources to resume tours on a trimmed schedule. The eternal flame at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia was restored recently. And the presidential library in Boston is preparing a special display.