Most Active Stories
- Authorities Identify Victims Of Fatal Truck-School Bus Crash Downtown
- U.S. House Approves Extension Of Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Former CCS Data Chief Sentenced To Jail, Probation
- Nearly Two Dozen People Apply For City Council Seat
- Your Donation Can Help WCBE and Central Ohioans in Need of Food This Season!
Thu January 9, 2014
Job Growth Predicted In Central Ohio This Year
Central Ohio is poised for its largest level of job growth since the end of the Great Recession.
Local economist Bill LaFayette released his annual Blue Chip Economic Forecast for the region yesterday at the Columbus Metropolitan Club. He predicts more than 18-thousand new jobs will be created in the region this year. He predicted the region would add 13,500 jobs last year. The region added 12,200 jobs, but LaFayette says revisions to be made in coming weeks will probably show growth that topped his forecast.