Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- Families Of Chardon H.S. Shooting Victims File Suit
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
Tue June 25, 2013
JobsOhio Affiliate Underwrote College Hoops Game, Buys Branding Campaign
Receipts show an affiliate of Ohio's job-creation agency JobsOhio spent 15 thousand taxpayer dollars for a Dayton-area development agency to help underwrite the 2012 NCAA basketball game attended by Governor John Kasich, President Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron.
The receipts show the JobsOhio-affiliated Ohio Business Development Coalition also gave 35 thousand taxpayer dollars to the Toledo Mud Hens to develop a local branding campaign. Much of the 8.4 million taxpayer dollars JobsOhio repaid the state in March went to salaries, benefits, parking and cellphone bills, or to promotional efforts like web sites and a state ad campaign. Lawmakers recently declared the agency's main funding stream private and not subject to a public audit.