Most Active Stories
- WCBE Presents Lake Street Dive Live From Studio A Wed. March 5, 2014 @ 2PM!
- Sassafraz: Live from Studio A REPLAY
- 9th Annual Townes Van Zandt tribute night - a benefit for WCBE! Fri. March 7th @ Dick's Den!
- WCBE Presents Caroline Smith Live From Studio A Fri. March 7, 2014@11am
- Citizens Form Group To Oppose Columbus Zoo Levy
Thu January 31, 2013
Judge Dismisses Suit Filed By Parents of Bullied Mentor Teen
A federal judge has tossed out a lawsuit filed by the parents of a bullied Ohio teen who killed herself in 2008.
The girl's parents said in the lawsuit that their 16-year-old daughter was severely bullied and that the school didn't protect her. U.S. District Judge Donald Nugent on Thursday dismissed the lawsuit filed against the school district in the Cleveland suburb of Mentor and several school employees. The judge noted that the threats the girl had talked about took place outside of school and that she was not enrolled in the school when she committed suicide. This was the second unsuccessful lawsuit filed against the Mentor school district by the parents of a student who committed suicide.